Sunday, July 16, 2006

Quilted Flip Tote - SOLD

I'm just on a brown fabric frenzy suddenly. This one is a little bit different I suppose. It wasn't an order for anyone in particular, so I just went a little wacky with this one to test it out. Of course it is up for grabs if anyone is interested. The flip tote lays flat, but the top folds over envelope-style when carried. I also added a dainty lime green lace tie at the end. It's really comfortable to carry- on your shoulder or across your chest. It also has a nice drape to it because of the soft exterior fabric.

Flip Tote - $45

Exterior (flipped closed)


Exterior (laying flat)


Interior with pocket


Close-up detail of stitching

The exterior is this quilted brown fabric...I can't put a finger on what type of fabric it really is but it's really soft...almost sweater material. It is quilted with concentric circles and I quilted it even further with some random pink stitching and pink remanants of shredded fabric. The interior is a vintage sheet I found a while back....very 70's. I added an interior pocket for smaller things because you would probably lose them since this tote is so deep. It measures approximately 12"W x 21"L flat (12"W x 13"L flipped closed).

Please email me at tina.nealis@gmail.com if you are interested in purchasing. Thanks!

3 comments:

WeeWah said...

I've been noticing your stuff on crafster. It's all so original and inspiring. Nice job. Keep up the good work!

tina said...

oh thanks! your stuff is real cute! i checked out your blog. :o)

Marissa said...

I love the shape of this one and the embroidery over the quilting is great. I'm digging the brown fabric!