Sunday, December 31, 2006

Retro Tote

Okay so it's much more than a punch of color...but it's so fun! This was a custom order that has been loooong over due. Her requests were for a book bag with plenty of pockets. The two matching exterior fabric patterns are retro barkcloth that I've had forever.... my faves. The exterior has pockets on either side that connect at the bottom. It's a nice place to hold notebooks or flatter supplies on the sides. The interior has three elastic pockets on one side and a few flat pockets and pen holders on the other. The overall tote (including the straps) is approximately 24"h x 17"l. The body of the bag itself is about 12"h x 17"l. The tote closes with a satin brown ribbon.


exterior front


stitching detail and ribbon closure


my signature at the bottom


interior with pockets on either side


side pocket and freehand-stitched heart

1 comment:

Rubys & Purls said...

Can you write up a tutorial for that one? ;) I really like all the pockets you put in there. That is my problem, I can't figure out the pockets. Great job!