Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where do I start?

To say that a lot has happened since my last post would be an understatement. We were shocked to learn earlier in March that our son (at nine months old) would have to go under open-heart surgery. Soon after his heart surgery, he ended up needing emergency stomach surgery. Needless to say our world was turned upside-down. Both surgeries were a success and thanks to the amazing staff at Phoenix Children's Hospital, our son is alive and well. We were released from the hospital at the beginning of April and we've continued therapy sessions and monthly follow ups with all our doctors to make sure he continues to thrive. Baby continues to be happy and healthy overall and we feel thankful every single day that he is home with us. You can go to CarePages and search for "ourson" if you'd like to follow our son's journey.

There are many things that I've made since my last post, but here's a glimpse of what I've been up to...


The was a quilt for a friend's baby. She requested a very modern pattern with black and white as the main colors for the quilt. Most of the black and white fabrics were leftover from other things she had made in the nursery. I love the green pops of color.

oz's quilt

on the gate

This was also a baby quilt for a dear friend. She handed me scraps of fabric she used throughout his nursery and I was able to use them as the main stripes in this beautiful quilt. This was my first free-motion quilting attempt on an entire blanket and although it was a long process, it was really fun.


This was another "first time" project. I created his embroidery piece for a friend as a wedding/housewarming gift. It was something I had started during my long stay in the hospital, but it took quite a while for me to complete it. I love the contrast of the colors. This was a really fun project and I liked the mobility of it as well. I will definitely be doing more in the future.

heather bailey daily spice apron
I also tried sewing from a pattern and was pretty satisfied with the outcome. This is the Daily Spice Apron by Heather Bailey. Putting extra time into the intricate details of lining things up and keeping it clean really paid off. The fabric is also designed by the talented Heather Bailey.

n&t ringbearer pillow
This was a custom order from my wonderful friend who is getting married this winter. I was really happy to be able to make this for her. It was such a simple design, but this took more thought than most of my creations, not sure why. Sometimes the simplest things are more of a challenge to make. Anyway, I'm really happy with how it turned out with the combination of colors and the pleating...elegant and simple.

There's more in the works and more to come!

If you're still following the blog after all this time....thank you, I appreciate you stopping by. :)

1 comment:

Janney said...

Glad to hear baby is doing well. Glad to see you return to your blog too... I love looking at your stuff! :)