Monday, May 31, 2010

Hayley's Embroidered Pillow- w.i.p.


nikonmay30 2010 041
Originally uploaded by tinanealis
This project has taken me quite a while to work on. I started on the embroidery a while before Hayley was even born, but due to the move and everything else, it was put on hold for a very long time. It has now started back up in full-force and I'm ready to get it finished and to baby Hayley and Kelly (Hayley's Mommy) so they can both enjoy it in the nursery.

The patches were chosen based off the red floral printed fabric, which belonged to a dress that was worn by Kelly's Mom, Jill, who passed away last year. I've been lovingly thinking of her as I sew the patches together. I hope this will be a nice way for Hayley to remember her grandma and a great memento to hold on to for years to come.

No comments: