Saturday, August 14, 2010

Embroidered together







This gift comes a little late, but I figured it could greet them at their doorstep when they arrive home from their destination wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii. I had a few sketches before finally deciding on this design. The only color/theme details I had from the wedding was the location. The colors chosen are colorful and included modern jewel tones, which were suppose to draw from the sunset and tropical flowers found in Hawaii (or so I think, seeing I've never been). I've been enjoying the mixed process of hand embroidery and quilting. It's a great way to get some quilting in without committing to an entire blanket. The piecing process of the blocks changed throughout this project as I played with shapes and colors, but I am pleased with the results. I hope the pillow will be a nice addition to their joined decor. Congratulations to both of you and best wishes!

No comments: